DISCLAIMER: I am not telling anyone to do this. I make no representation as to the lens’ warranty status after. If you do this hack, you do it 100% at your own risk. I am merely telling you what I did and that it worked for me.
I was about to buy a lens plate for the Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO Lens. When I am in a blind, I keep the lens on a tripod just to rest my arms. But a lens plate adds weight and a good one cost about $50.
I came upon the Haoge LMR-OM415 Lens Collar Replacement for Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO Lens and decided to order one. (https://amzn.to/3cObXWD)
The idea is not new to me. I had replaced the lens foot on many of my Canon telephoto lenses back in the day. I didn’t think anyone was making a replacement foot for the Olympus line, but I found one anyway.
The LMR-OM415 Tripod Mount Ring from Haoge is designed exclusively for the Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO Lens.
It features an Arca-compatible dovetail which allow you attach your lens to any standard Arca-Swiss mount.
It also can be further modified. It has 1/4″ and 3/8″ screw holes at the bottom should you wish to directly attach the lens to a tripod, but that isn’t a method I would ever recommend.
It even has a slit in the end you could use to run a strap through if you want to carry the lens on a strap by the foot.
You first have to remove the old lens collar to instal this new one. I have had copies of the Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 40-150mm F2.8 PRO Lens where the lens collar slipped off almost too easily. My current copy is in just the opposite direction. I had to use some pliers to get the old collar off. I kept it off to the side just in case the new one didn’t fit. But no worries. The Haoge fit just fine. It took a minute or two to line up the holes, but I stuck with it and got my reward.
For less than the price of a good lens plate, I replaced the entire collar and saved weight in the process. The connection to the Arca-Swiss heads should be more reliable without a plate in between.
It worked well for me.