In my opinion, Twitter has become unusable. It’s now home to Nazis and bullies, and trolls. I closed my account there and deleted it from my phone and am glad I did.
Instagram is not as bad but it’s getting there. Enter a new kid on the block. Threads.
I’m on Threads as @bourne.scott. Install the app to follow my threads and replies.
If you follow me there I will follow you back. There are some distinct advantages to Threads for photographers.
- You can post an image in any aspect ratio and it will work.
- Instagram is heavily slanted towards reels/video now – not stills.
- You will see no ads (for now) on Threads.
- You can easily eliminate the influence of trolls because unlike most sites where blocking them only keeps YOU from seeing their activity; on Threads you can block a comment on your feed by a troll and make sure NOBODY sees it.
- It’s free.
- There is much higher engagement per follower than on most other sites.
- Elon Musk has not one thing to do with it.
Check it out.