Picture Methods Episode 1 Show Notes
Welcome to the launch of Picture Methods photography podcast, I’m Scott Bourne, your host. You can expect at least one show around the second week of each month, with occasional fill-in shows when I find interesting content to share.
Show always available at picturemethods.com
Launch of new site: picturemethods.com with a goal to be helpful, instructional, edifying and inspirational. Each week I’ll publish 3 to 4 posts with photography news, reviews, inspiration and insights. Visit regularly, subscribe for site updates via email at: picturemethods.com by clicking the Follow button on the bottom right of any page and signing up through WordPress (I promise to never spam you) or through your favorite RSS feed. Subscribers to the site will be the first to learn of upcoming contests.
In this episode I have a lot of photo news to share, and a special guest, Alex Tsepko, CEO of Skylum Software, where we talk about Skylum’s Luminar photo editing software. Each show, we’ll have a Q&A section where I answer 2 to 4 reader questions. If you’d like to submit your question for a future episode, send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll do my best to get them answered. In every show, I’ll offer words of encouragement, to help you cut through some of the negativity that’s in the world and share some thoughts on how we can support each other as photographers.
- Olympus OM-D E-M1X launch announcement, as well as a new weather resistant wireless flash, the FL-700R. Most exciting is the pro telephoto super zoom: the M.Zuiko® Digital ED 150-400mm F4.5 TC1.25x IS PRO Lens with built in 1.25x teleconverter as well as M.Zuiko Digital 2x Teleconverter MC-20 (shipping summer 2019). Olympus Workspaces Image Management software was released to replace Olympus Image Viewer 3.
- Canon’s CEO believes the digital camera market will continue to decline.
- Fuji announced they will not make a Full-Frame mirrorless body, they announced the GF100-200 f/5.6.
- Panasonic launched their Lumix S-Series full frame bodies and three new lenses.
- If you have news to share, send an email to: email@example.com
Insights: I’ll share a monthly insight that will help you become a better photographer. This month, I talk about reducing the amount of time you spend on social media and spending more time making images and meeting other photographers IN-PERSON. Have an insight you’d like me to discuss, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview: Special-Guest, CEO of Skylum Software, Alex Tsepko, is on to discuss Skylum’s Luminar 3 and their idea of creating a way for photographers to use the latest technology, save time, and achieve great results in their photography.
Next month, Derrick Story of The Digital Story will be our special guest, an episode you won’t want to miss.
Q&A: If you want to have your question answered in a future episode, email: email@example.com
- Joy from Tampa Florida asks what it’s like to be an Olympus Visionary and what it takes to become a member of one of the manufacturers ambassador teams.
- Andy from San Bruno asks about judging the aperture of a given lens on a crop-sensor camera and how to make sense of it. I provide a very detailed and slightly controversial answer. You’ll want to listen to this and will follow with a white paper later this spring.
Words of Encouragement: I explain how to handle the naysayers and how to take the heat when you follow your dreams.
SHOW NOTES BY: Jeff Sweet
See the sidebar for various podcast ecosystems. If you don’t see your favorite, you can subscribe using the RSS feed